As one of the region’s leading nonprofits, we rely in large part on the generosity and support of others to serve our community. That generosity comes in many forms, which includes donating time.
Across the Greater St. Louis area, business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. When you are involved with the YMCA of Greater St. Louis, you have the opportunity to bring lasting personal and social change to others.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Serve on our Boards of Directors and committees
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Assist at a branch
- Help organize special events
- Serve as a math or reading tutor for the Y Literacy program
- Work with youth to motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Raise funds for our Annual Fund & Capital Campaign to help ensure the Y is accessible to maintain and grow our ability to serve the community
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
The Y is a volunteer organization like no other! Annually, our volunteers donate more than 104,200 hours of their time to help the St. Louis community be more healthy and connected. The Y is a nonprofit like no other! When you volunteer at the Y, you join a worldwide movement that strengthens communities. To learn more about volunteering for the Y, please call, click or visit your local branch below.
Click HERE to download the volunteer application.