Volunteer for the 36th Annual YMCA Bookfair!
Volunteers are always needed!
Reminder to current volunteers - please make sure you have filled out a volunteer contact information form so we can keep up with you! Plus, remember to track you hours during pricing and sorting!
August 15 - August 20, 2014
Kennedy Recreation Center
6050 Wells Road, St. Louis, MO, 63128
Near Meramec Bottom Road & I-55,
10 miles south of Historic Carondelet YMCA building.
How to become a Bookfair Volunteer
The YMCA Bookfair was started by Y volunteers and remains one of our biggest volunteer service events every year! It is an event that you have to see to believe. It takes some 400 volunteers and nearly 8,000 volunteer hours to pull off one of our region's most notable bookfairs - the annual YMCA Bookfair.
If you would like to volunteer for this great event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Debbie Redmond at email@example.com.
What can you do?
- Book pricing sorting February 11 through August 1 at the Historic Carondelet YMCA at 600 Loughborough (See volunteer Pricing and Sorting Hours below)
- Book collections and delivery from local YMCA barrels near you
- Bookfair set-up and take down August 12 - August 21 at the Kennedy Recreation Center
- Marketing and promotion, March 1 through August 21
- Table organization August 15-20
- Greeters, checkout and cashiers August 15-20
Group Volunteer Inquiries
We do have work for groups but all inquiries must be approved in advance by the volunteer committee. Service groups are best utilized during the set up, the Bookfair itself, and take down in August. Groups of 10 or less may volunteer earlier in the year at our Pricing and Sorting location. All youth groups must be supervised by an adult at all times. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Debbie Redmond at email@example.com to see if the YMCA Bookfair is a great fit for your Service Group!
Volunteer Pricing and Sorting Hours
We are currently Pricing and Sorting at the Historic Carondelet YMCA at 600 Loughbourough.
We need volunteers! Please contact Debbie Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Walk in volunteers at our pricing and sorting location are welcome! Walk in on Saturdays between 10 am and 2 pm after April 5th, and a volunteer will show you the ropes with a short orientation! Then, you are welcome to come volunteer throughout pricing and sorting throughout the week!
Remember to fill out a Volunteer form and track your hours!
- Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday mornings 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm starting April 5th, 2014
Closed Easter Weekend
Closed Memorial Day Weekend
Closed 4th of July
First Selection Night
Friday, August 15
4:00 pm - 10:00pm
• 5:00 am- Park opens. Before 5am, park is patrolled by St. Louis County Police.
• 8:00 am - Ticket Sales begin at the Kennedy Recreation Complex (facility will open for use of restrooms).
Tickets are sold throughout the day until close.
• 4:00 pm- Doors open for $10 Preview Night. You will enter based on your numbered ticket.
Answers to FAQs:
- We charge $10 admission on Preview Night for adults (12 and under are free).
- The tickets are numbered and represent your place in line for the 4:00 pm opening.
- A person can buy 4 tickets at a time.
- You do not need to stay in line after you purchase a ticket.
- You can return to the KRC before 4:00 pm to find your numbered place in line.
- NO overnight camping in the park. Park is patroled by St. Louis County Police.
- You can check-out multiple times.
- Y volunteers are not responsbile for your belongings or books you plan to purchase.
- No scanning allowed in stadium seating/bleachers.
- Please be respectful of walkways and keep them clear.
Saturday, August 16 - Wednesday, August 20
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Half Price Day
Tuesday, August 19
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
$10 a Box Day
Wednesday, August 20
9:00 am -9:00 pm