YMCA of Greater St. Louis
The YMCA of Greater St. Louis was founded on October 13, 1853, at the 2nd Baptist Church by 23 young men. Since that day in 1853, the YMCA has been one of the leading health and human service organizations in St. Louis. Beginning with three rented rooms in the Mercantile Library, and growing as St. Louis grew, the Y now delivers programs and services through 20 facilities and more than 400 program sites throughout seven Missouri counties in the Greater St. Louis area.
YMCA facilities provide community gathering and recreational areas, as well as fitness centers, swimming pools, child care facilities, student volunteer centers and learning labs. Today’s YMCA programs serve youth and teens, families, adults, and communities throughout the Greater St. Louis area.
The YMCA of Greater St. Louis association features 17 traditional YMCA branches and two Campus YMCA student leadership facilities on the Missouri side of the St. Louis Metro Area. The association also includes YMCA of the Ozarks Trout Lodge and Camp Lakewood in Potosi, Missouri. The Carondelet Park Rec Complex and the O'Fallon Park Rec Complex are owned by the City of St. Louis and operated by the YMCA of Greater St. Louis.
Through membership and programming based on our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, the YMCA strives to serve everyone and provides financial assistance to those who qualify. Financial assistance is made possible by the YMCA Strong Community Campaign. The YMCA of Greater St. Louis is a proud member of the United Way.